Vila Sangkih is situated on a 3 hectare clove and coffee farm high up in the hills of Northern Bali, close to the cultural center of Munduk; at 750 meters there is always a cooling breeze and the evenings can be delightfully chilly. The smells of clove and coffee are ever present.
Designed in traditional Balinese style, this two bedroom villa has long open living areas, terraces surrounded by graceful reflection ponds filled with fish, lotus blossoms and maximizes stunning views down the valley over ever changing rice terraces to the sea…with rich sunsets, mountains and volcanoes as its backdrop.
There are two very large daybeds in the main living pavilion, which make it easy to relax all day. There are also two terraces and a lawn with sun lounges having the same dramatic views and incredible sunsets. You pass through a courtyard between the two bedrooms to the fully equipped western kitchen with breakfast bar and dining area. The living area also has its own dining table.
It is 2 ½ hours drive from the airport and 40 minutes from the northern beaches and resorts of Lovina.
The two spacious bedrooms are arrived at across small bridges, each has its own bathroom and the master suite even has its own Jacuzzi. Each has a large wardrobe with plenty of storage space. There is a rear entrance also that offers direct access to the kitchen, barbeque and bar areas at the rear of the villa.
Savor Balinese food to the sounds of traditional gamelan music and the graceful movements of Balinese dancers.
The villa has a cook that specializes in traditional cuisine but who is also capable of preparing simple western dishes. There is a fully equipped western kitchen, plus outdoor bar and barbeque, should you wish to cater for yourselves.
Vila Sangkih attracts a lot of repeat business because of its warm atmosphere, relaxing location and of course great food! We guarantee you will enjoy staying here.
The Munduk region is a nature lovers dream and the traditional way of life remains unspoiled here. There are magnificent walks around the farm or further afield to remote waterfalls – this is truly an unspoilt area of Bali. There is also excellent diving on the northern coast with great river swimming and hot water springs in which to start the day.
When you stay at Vila Sangkih there is plenty for everyone to do and here are a few suggestions.
- Play golf in the bowl of a volcano at the famous Bali Handara golf course.
- Go dolphin watching at Lovina beach.
- Explore the nearby village.
- Take a walk through the clove & coffee plantations and see the locals at work.
- Hire our experienced guide Nyoman and go trekking in the mountains, an experience not to be missed, here you will discover some fascinating insights into traditional Balinese life as well as gaining some first hand knowledge on the flora and fauna of Bali.
- Visit the nearby waterfall.
- Take a dip in the hot springs.
- Experience the bliss of traditional Balinese massage.
- Learn to meditate.
- Or just relax at the villa, the choice is yours.
Facilities & Services
- 2 Air-conditioned bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms, one with a Jacuzzi.
- Large open terrace with comfortable loungers.
- Reflection ponds
- Fully equipped kitchen.
- Breakfast bar.
- Cook who makes Balinese & Indonesian cuisine, takes care of shopping and speaks good English.
- Entertainment Stereo CD player.
- Night time security staff.
- Horseback riding. (extra fee).
The rental fee is just US$ 150 per night for up to 4 people.
One way airport transfer can be arranged at IDR 550,000
An air-conditioned car and driver is available for an extra IDR 550,000 per day.
Note: Discounts available for long term rentals of over 21 nights.