La-Joya Villas and Bungalows
Welcome to La Joya
On top of the cliff above the beautiful white sand beach of Balangan sits La Joya. A few minutes further up the road is Dreamland and onward takes you to Bingin, Padang-Padang & Uluwatu.
La Joya opened in July 2003 and has become a favorite repeat accommodation for surfers and tourists staying on the Bukit peninsular. It is only about 30 minutes from the airport so easy to get to.
La Joya environmental concept
Archform and its’ director Vincent were committed to achieving solutions that blended style with nature, without threatening the environment.
The vision at La Joya was always to cause minimum disturbance during the construction. All the materials and labour was sourced locally.
Efficient and environmentally acceptable water and waste management practices are of the highest priority. Acoustic, visual, olfactory and sanitary comfort is also important.
The architectural design was inspired by the spiral shapes of sea shells. La Joya is built in the traditional way with locally sourced materials. The wooden ceilings are thatched with Alang-Alang a tropical grass often used for roofing throughout Indonesia. The walls are in limestone and tiles in terrazzo.
Balinese influence abounds. The interior decoration is simple and subtle, blending modern comfort and crafts of the island.
Restaurant & Pool
Our restaurant, ideally located poolside, next to the infinity edge swimming pool with an area dedicated to children. This vantage point offers you panoramic views of the Indian Ocean, an excellent deck from which to watch the famous Bali sunsets.
On the evening, the restaurant offers a more intimate and romantic atmosphere, illuminated by subtle lighting and candles. A selection of delicious and exotic foods, combine Indonesian and International cuisine.
La Joya also offers several activities such as Golf, tours, surfing courses, mountain biking and hiking, watersports, cruises, etc. So there is always something to look forward to.
Bali remains “The Island of the Gods”. Bali is one of the last islands in the world (which despite the tourist boom) has kept its soul. Bali will transform your vacation into a real body and mind experience.
Types of Accommodation Available
La Joya offers you a choice between bungalows and villas, each of them equally refined. In total there are 22 different lodgings, allocated as follows:
8 Standard Bungalows
- A king sized bed
- A couch which can be used as secondary bed for kids
- A private tropical garden
- Air conditioning
- Mosquito net
- European standard toilets
- Hair dryers
- A safety deposit box for your valuables
7 Deluxe Bungalows
Same equipment as the Standard Bungalows however the rooms are larger and offer more refined surroundings.
They come with a king sized bed and a couch which can be used as secondary bed for 2 Children. They are ideal for a family stay.
Villa Gajah – A private Villa with 6 Bedrooms
The perfect Family Villa, which includes:
- 2 Standard Bedrooms with a king size bed, a terrace and a private garden
- 2 Deluxe Bedrooms with the same options that the Standard has but bigger
- 1 Super Deluxe Bedroom is located on the mezzanine. It has a couch that can be used as a secondary bed for 2 persons. The Terrace offers a wide view of the Indian Ocean.
- 1 Grand Deluxe Bedroom is located on the mezzanine. It also has a couch that can be used as a secondary bed for 2 persons. The Terrace offers a wide view of the Indian Ocean.
Available Services & Facilities
- Snack restaurant open from 11am to 6pm
- Main restaurant open from 7am to 11pm
- 2 Bars
- 2 swimming pools
- B’ning Spa #
- White sand beach below cliff
- Transfer from/to the airport
- Scooter and car rental #
- Free parking
- Laundry #
- Babysitter on request #
- # Additional Fees may be required